For over thirty five years, Dr. Hicks has dedicated himself to the art and science of integrated holistic medicine. Using a cooperative medical, nutritional, emotional and energetic approach, Dr. Hicks works with the Elementals Living of health professionals to develop a customized wellness plan for each patient.
Using diagnostic testing and analysis, supplements, herbs, nutritional support, homeopathy and vibrational interventions, his intention is always to compassionately support the body as it works to access its own intuitive healing potential.
In addition to his clinical practice, Dr. Hicks does ongoing research, lectures nationwide and attends national conferences in order to share his findings and innovative approaches to chronic illness and dis-ease with his patients and the medical community.
Dr. HICK’S CREDENTIALS
| EDUCATION AND TRAINING|
- Pediatric Residency: Lutheran General Hospital July 1982 to June 1984
- Internship, Pediatrics: Lutheran General Hospital July 1981 to June 1982
- University of Louisville, School of Medicine 1981
- University of Louisville, A. B. Biology with Honors 1977
- US Navy July 1969 to 1973
|CERTIFICATION AND LICENSURE|
- National Boards Part I 6-12-1979
- National Boards Part II 4-7-1981
- National Boards Part III 3-10-1982
- Pediatric Boards Part I written 1984
- Pediatric Boards Part II oral 1986
- Pediatric Board Certification June 1986
- American Medical Society 1977 to 2002
- American Academy of Pediatrics 1981 to 2002
- Fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics, 1987 to 2002
- Member of Adolescent Division of American Academy of Pediatrics, 1990 to 2002
| MEDICAL STAFF APPOINTMENTS|
- Lutheran General Hospital Pediatrician Provisional 7-84 to 11-85, Associate 11-85 to 11-86
- Full Attending 11-86 to 2-02, Children’s Memorial Hospital Courtesy Attending to 1-02
- Suburban Pediatrics 7-84 to 1-86
- Developed full service laboratory, complete infant to adolescent care, Park Pediatrics 1-86 to 2-02
- Full service moderately complex laboratory Nutritional program
|ADD/ ADHD Program |
- Testing, counseling and treatment Allergy Program
- Developed and authored Nursing Manual for telephone triage, emergencies and non-emergencies
- Developed and authored ” Tiny Times” newsletter
- Developed OSHA Program
- Developed Information and Educational packets for 10 and 14 year olds.
- Developed Office protocol for in-office IV fluid therapy.
- Author ” Infant Care” 1993; covers newborn to 2 year olds
- Founder and Director Pathways Medical Advocates 1-02 to present
- Founder Pathways Support- non-profit Continuing Education/ Speaking Engagements